Jessica Robinson Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Spy Interview

Go down

Digital Spy Interview Empty Digital Spy Interview

Post by Juliex Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 am

The self-proclaimed "wacky" Dorothy Jessica Robinson had to hand back her ruby red slippers to Andrew Lloyd Webber last night. The Middlesbrough lass failed to win over the public, despite an energetic, umbrella-wielding performance of the tongue-twisting classic 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'. We caught up with Robinson last night to ask about her experiences on the show, her future and, most importantly - those strange facial expressions!

How are you feeling now about your exit? You must be disappointed.
"Not at all! Honestly. I can't believe I got to this stage anyway. It's not meant to be and I'm kind of philosophical about it. Everything happens for a reason. I'm just going to plough through and go on to bigger and better things."

Is it not frustrating that you were only two more good weeks away from the final?
"Do you know what? I think it's a lot easier when you get closer to winning it. I honestly think that makes it easier to leave. I would have been gutted if it had been a couple of weeks ago, because I'd have only been able to showcase a limited amount of myself. I've really shown myself on TV and people have seen a lot of me as a person. I'm really grateful for the weeks that I've been given. I'm not that gutted. Obviously, I would have loved to have made the final. But at the end of the day Alex, I think there is a part out there better suited to me."

When you were in the bottom two with Danielle, there was a chance that Andrew might have saved you. What were you thinking about during that last song?
"You just find a strength from somewhere. The other girls have talked about it in previous weeks. I think you kind of know whether you are going when you are in the bottom two. I knew that Danielle was brilliant, but I just thought, 'I'm not going to let nerves get the better of me if this is my last performance on TV'. So I just went out there and ploughed on through! I went out there and acted my little heart out. I'm not gutted about it at all, though. I just wasn't right for the part at the end of the day. Lloyd Webber has been so complimentary to me in recent weeks, I couldn't ask for anything more than that. He's compared me to Judy Garland and Funny Girl, which is one of my all-time favourite films. It made my life when he said that. To play Fanny Brice in Funny Girl would be a brilliant role for me. It would be far better suited that Dorothy."

What did you think when you found out you had 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' as your song this week?
"When I first got the song, I was like 'what on Earth?!' I think anybody would have felt the same. But then I just sat down and thought, 'I've been given this song, I can't sulk'. Then I started to feel happy about it and decided to just run with it. I wanted to have fun with the song. I'm a bit wacky anyway, so on Saturday I just went out to have fun with it. I came off laughing and I think people could see that I enjoyed myself. I went a bit crazy and gave the performance I wanted to give. It was a funny number and I'm glad I got to perform it."

A lot has been made of your facial expressions on the show. What do you think to the criticism that you may sometimes be over-acting?
"I can't really help it if I've got big eyes really! I've got huge eyes and huge lips. If I had smaller features, I don't think people would notice. I'm really eccentric in that sense. It's always been a part of me. People have slammed me for it and Sheila said that I needed to calm down, but at the end of the day, that is what makes me... me. It makes me stand out and distances me from other people as a performer. I mean Barbra Streisand is totally different to Celine Dion. And in that sense, what distances me from other artists is my facial expressions. People can love it or hate it, but that's me and I'm not going to change it for anybody. I always over-exaggerate absolutely everything. I'm a total drama queen!"

What's it been like living with the other girls in the Dorothy House?
"It's been so much fun. We are like sisters. I don't care what people say. I've heard people saying that during some of the girls goodbye songs that it looks like I'm going to kill people! What on earth! That's not the case at all. We are all so close and I got on with everybody on that show. We've done nothing but support each other through the bad times and the good times. We have takeaways together, sit and watch films together. When someone gets voted off, we are all there for them. We stick together and are friends for life. The other girls are the only people who will know what I've been through."
Juliex
Juliex
Admin
Admin

https://jessicarobinsonforum.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum